About Electric Pump
As the largest pump service organization in the upper Midwest, we have the equipment and expertise to provide what your system needs to function reliably and efficiently both now and in the future.
Our staff has the experience to identify your problem and the resources to provide a turn-key solution. From replacements and repairs to retrofits, Electric Pump has you COVERED.
Electric Pump & Tool was purchased by Richard S. Miller in 1980 as a motor shop in downtown Des Moines. In the years since, the name has changed a little but the business has changed a lot. Still a family owned and run business, Electric Pump has changed locations twice to accommodate its continued growth. Located on NE 14th in Des Moines, Electric Pump boasts a highly skilled office staff, a full service repair shop and houses one of the manufacturing arms, Quality Machine & Manufacturing (QM&M).
As the needs of Electric Pump’s customers have grown so has the business. Service locations were added in the Quad Cities area and Omaha. When the assets of a pump company in Minnesota were purchased, Electric Pump was able to reach customers in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the Dakotas. Finally, a service location was opened in Fargo, North Dakota which allowed Electric Pump to respond quickly and efficiently to their northern customers’ needs. While the number of locations has increased, the mission of Electric Pump has remained the same; provide customer focused solutions, exceptional service to our clients and top quality products.
OUR ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- Professional liability insurance
- On-site pre-planning for projects and field service
- OSHA trained and certified technicians
- Maintenance agreement and surge testing reporting
- Vibration analysis and monitoring services
- Laser alignment services
- Energy audits for predictive maintenance planning
- Rental fleet of pumps for bypassing or emergency replacement
THE EXPERIENCE YOU NEED
- Over 320 years of combined service experience
- Factory trained technicians
- On-site troubleshooting for controls and pumps
- Serving municipal and industrial clients since 1980
- Custom fabricating, welding and machining technicians in house
THE ABILITY TO RESPOND
- Five service locations spanning seven states
- 20 highly trained and motivated technicians
- 24/7 emergency service
- Service trucks capable of lifting up to 6,000 lbs
- Test tanks capable of testing pumps up to 50 hp
- Comparative surge testing for motors up to 2,300 hp
- Pump repair and machine shop services
- Huge inventory of name brand pumps and parts